Friday, May 2, 2008

FARM SHARE


It's May!!!! At that means the farm share is just around the corner. Last year was the first time I took part in a CSA and wow what a difference it made. I grew up eating a large portion of veggies from a garden but it has been years since I have been able to eat such delicious food for a whole season. I highly recommend taking part in one if you haven't yet. Not only do you get to eat locally and seasonally but you are challenged with making what comes in your box each week. If you are like me and get in cooking ruts it is wonderful! Not to mention I spend considerably less on food overall. Which seems more and more important these days.

This weekend I'll be planting my supplemental tomatoes and other veggies. I love to make pesto and tomato sauces and freeze them for a taste of summer when it's cold and rainy again.

No comments: