Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hot Snakes!

I loved this band so much. so much. Years ago, back when I was in Bangs, our booking agent Chad Q called us up and asked if we would open for John Reis' new band in SF and LA. Well we were also big RFTC fans so we jumped at the chance. I walked into the Bottom of the Hill just as they started sound checking and loved it.



The best part is they treated us so well and we had so much fun playing with them. They took us out for sushi the following night in LA (where I first had edamame + tako salad) and got us shots at the end of the night after the show. That is what I miss most about tour. Playing with rad bands that you haven't seen before and they end up being really nice people. There is a special sort of camaraderie that happens when bands are touring together. It can feel like it's you guys against the world or something. It's a strange sort of feeling.

Okay now I am totally nostalgic for touring. Argh...

2 comments:

Tobi Vail said...

dearest maggie: when you get the air stream and dad retires, we will be able to go on retirement band tour. apparently dad says you got us a gig at SXSW, although i have decided never to participate in this even again, unless i get to be on national tv.
xo
tobi

maggie said...

I have to get the air stream?? can it be charlie's banh mi cart that he's going to park in the buyolympia parking lot?

ha, I haven't booked one yet but I can always get us a gig at sxsw. though it will probably be unofficial and hopefully at otto's house.